Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 08-28-2005
Contributing Member

Zig-Zag with Sponge

I was trying to make a rainbow sponge background using black, yellow and orange. I wanted to put some duet bees on top. I am having trouble making the zig-zag stroke that Dee sometimes uses. The colors are blending. Should I be using the resist ink? Will that leave a space between the colors? I was thinking of ordering the rainbow sponge book Dee sells. Do you think that would help me with the zig-zag stroke? Gail
Old 08-28-2005
Super Contributor!

Greetings!

The Magical Rainbow Sponge DVD or Video is really, really helpful. You could use resist ink, but just a tiny little bit between the colors. If you don't have any, try leaving a bit of space between the colors when you ink the sponge. You should be able to get at least a few swipes that you like.
Old 08-28-2005
Super Contributor!

I can certainly understand how these colors would blend very easily together once you begin to swipe in a sideways motion. I've done this with other colors myself. I personally haven't had much success using the resist ink. I have used it, but for me it leaves a residue on my paper that smears my ink. I just gave up trying to use it and like KV said, leave a little gap between the colors.

It probably takes practice (like Dee always says ) but maybe if the pressure you use when applying the sponge to the paper is not too strong it will help keep the ink more in line longer. No matter what I think it will eventually blend together. (Unless you use the resist ink - that should keep them apart with a white line. Try it - very tiny line; it may work fine with your paper.) I don't know why mine doesn't work.

Let us know how it turns out, OK?
Old 08-29-2005
Contributing Member

I will try it and let you know. Thanks-Gail