Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 03-18-2006
Angels are all around us.

Shaving Cream Help Please

OK I did it I put my gloves on, but got it all over the cabnits and cutting board. DH said"You are really going to do this?" . I used the metalics and the regulard cardstock is now drying. However the glossy did not work at all The back on the glossy got the color on it and I followed the directions. What did I do wrong?
Well I did not give up and started shaking the bottles all over the direct top of the glossy and used a comb and toothpick, kinda looks like fireworks. As soon as they dry Harold will scan them in. But what did I do wromg that it did not work on the front of the glossy?
lacieluv
Old 03-18-2006
Super Contributor!

Greetings!

Hmmmm, well if you used metallics, they might not have "stuck" to the glossy. Dee uses mostly matte for the metallics. If you use them, you might have to just let the shaving cream evaporate right on the paper- not try to wipe it off right away.

I ALWAYS manage to get some color on the back of my papers! I'm just too messy I guess....But I have fun!!!

Last edited by KVM; 03-18-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2006
Super Contributor!

I've used the Rainbow metallic inks on glossy so I know they dry. Maybe you need to give them more time to dry or the combination with the shaving cream affected the result.

I'd let them dry some more and see.

The only time I worked with the shaving cream technique everything was messy; the papers, my hands, the kitchen counters! ... and I can't keep ink off the back of most of my papers! LOL!

Just chalk it up to part of the creative process.

Isn't it fun to experiment? That how we figure what does and doesn't work best. Have fun!
Old 03-20-2006
Super Contributor!

I should have clarified - I've used the Rainbow metallic inks with the sponges on glossy paper (both white and black) and they dry quickly. I've never tried them with shaving cream. Maybe they don't work well for this technique. ?

I don't have any other suggestions. Sorry.
Old 03-20-2006
April is Autism Awareness

Woohoo Lacieluv, I am soooo glad I am not the only one around here who has pink and purple fingers *holding my hands in front of my monitor* just LOOK at these mitts, covered I tell ya, just covered!!! Oh well, it's fun isn't it I had terrible results with glossy card stock and the shaving cream technique. I thought it was because I did something wrong...*whispering* I am one of those people who only read about halfway through directions and then I get bored and decide to wing it Anyways, I switched and used regular heavy card stock and it worked. I actually then got a little wild *giving my best carefree whimsical look* and I used a light pink card stock and then a light blue card stock and it was really pretty. I used the outline of the butterfly stamp and Viola!!! I embossed it in gold and cut it out. It's going to make a really pretty embelishment!

I can't wait to see your pictures. I bet they are just GORGEOUS!!! Nobody EVER likes their own creations...well, except when you have kids.....*sheepish grin* then ya kinda have no choice but to like it heehee!!

I will sit here with my pom-poms awaiting your photos and I will be the first to do a CHEER!!!!!

Stamp On my friend!! DebbieJ
Old 03-20-2006
Super Contributor!

Greetings!

If you can't get your inks to "stick" to your glossy, try letting the shaving cream just sit on the paper until it totally evaporates.