Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 05-16-2003
Contributing Member

Wow! Great results!

Hi there,

Just had to tell you about the great results I had with the inks, sponges and duets.

I put the inks on the sponges and dragged them across the solid part of the duet stamp covering the stamp like you would a piece of paper and stamped them on gloss card. The colours are amazing. I have the most beautiful butterfies in floral brights and leaves in autumn colours and pointsettias in beautiful green and red tonings. I then thought I would use the outline part of the dragonfly in similar colours to the butterfly and again the result was great, although my personal favourite is the solid part. Sorry I haven't got a scanner but give it a try if you haven't already and you will be as impressed as I am.

Now to make them into cards??

Ruth
Old 05-17-2003
Super Contributor!

Hi, Ruth,

I've often wondered about using these inks with my stamps, but been afraid they would stain them. How did your stamps fair after you used them this way? Did you use anything special to clean them?

Thanks for this great idea!
Old 05-17-2003
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to sarebear Send a message via Yahoo to sarebear
I've been wondering

about this too! Gonna have to try it now!

sare
Old 05-17-2003
Super Contributor!

This sounds like a great way to use the inkabilities. I'm guessing that it would come off with a stamp cleaner. I can't imagine that it would hurt our stamps any more than the other inks we use.
Old 05-17-2003
Contributing Member

Great results

Hi there,

I just used a normal household sponge and water and the ink came right off. Not a stain left. Some I sponged and stamped several times and then cleaned but I didn't leave it sitting around to dry on to the stamp. No stamp cleaner required.

I never thought about the ink staining I just had the idea so went for it. Just as well for my stamps that it didn't stain!

Ruth
Old 05-18-2003
Super Contributor!

Exclamation FYI, Ruth

Don't forget, if you'd like to see your work uploaded to our site, you can always send your card (or cards!) to me, I'll scan 'em in for ya and send them back to you the same day I scan ''em. That way you've still got your card AND it's on display at Club Posh. Just PM me for my mailing addy if you're interested, K? (Click the button that says "PM" directly below my post.)
Old 01-29-2004
Super Contributor!

Greetings!!

Here is an absolutely stunning card that Ruth sent to me. She used her inking technique on the dragonfly.
Attached Images

Last edited by KVM; 09-09-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2004
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to mcmoore
Ruth, this is a great card! Love the colors, how did you do the background? It's wonderful!
Old 01-30-2004
Super Contributor!

Send a message via Yahoo to vangerhofer
KV, Glad you posted it.

Ruth, this is such a great looking card, so bright and vibrant. It is a real picker upper and I love the way you did the background too. Is it done on glossy cardstock or matte? Whatever, you did a classy job. Hugs, Verna
Old 01-30-2004
Just me

oh that is a stunning card!! lucky you KVM for getting one!!!!
Old 01-30-2004
Super Contributor!

Ruth,

This is one fantastic card and technique. Love those vibrant primary colors.

Gretchen
Old 01-30-2004
Contributing Member

Lively card Ruth - really jumps out at you!!!!! I'm back because KVM said I had to visit and make a comment OR ELSE!

But, as long as I'm here, I might as well let the cat out of the bag by saying that Gretchen has been published in Stamper's Sampler. I haven't seen it yet but KV took care of that by sending a few of us scans.

A big CONGRATULATIONS Gretchen!

Not to take away from your beautiful card Ruth, but I thought I'd throw that in here as well.

Using stamps with re-inkers works beautifully! I've done it lots of times and using your compressed sponges as an ink pad works even better. Specially for butterflies, dragonflies, flowers, leaves, etc where you want to create a rainbow effect. This technique makes very realistic mottled autumn leaves!

Simply use the flat edge of your sponge. Ink the entire surface with complementary colors. I've inked mine in blotches, in circles, in squiggles, etc - it ALL works!!!! Either take it to the stamp to ink or vice versa. Works either way. When the ink starts drying, spritz it with water and you'll get another hundred impressions or so - lol. Clean stamps with the appropriate cleaner depending on the type of ink you're using.

xoxoxo
Chi
Old 01-30-2004
Contributing Member

Hi everyone,

The background was just inking up a posh sponge and using as per normal but then you get a scrunched up paper towel, dip it in a small amount of water, it needs to still be able to hold the scrunched shape, and dab it over the stripes. That kind of lifts a little of the colour and moves it around giving the slightly mottled effect. The dragonfly is an inked up posh sponge dragged over the stamp just like you would the paper (the stamp isn't tapped onto the flat of an inked sponge) and then stamped. You don't get any bubbles with this technique. They are both done on white gloss card.

Regards
Ruth
Old 01-31-2004
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to mcmoore
Ruth,

Thanks for the instructions! I'd never have thought of using the rainbow sponge to color a stamp before! Thanks!
Old 01-31-2004
Super Contributor!

Wonderful card Ruth. Thank you from as well for the directions. Never would have occured to me to use the sponge to ink up a stamp. Love the background too. Very creative.