Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Non-Stamp Products > Rainbow Sponge

Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Sponged circles

I came across this by accident last night and played around with it. It is really cool and would be an idea if your are still playing around with an idea for the contest or swap. You take the square end of the sponge, and ink it with 3 or 4 different colors. Then you lay it on the glossy card stock and give it a flip of the wrist to make a circle. Then continue to do this over the entire card, and even overlapping is fine. In fact, it adds to the dramatics of the background. It was so much fun to do. I also did pretty much the same thing only did squares without turning the wrist. Just plop the sponge in sporatic places over the card stock, even overlapping if you want.
Old 01-13-2003
Happy lunatic

Circles, squares and starting in the middle!

Teatah, I have done circles before, although I never thought of filling up a whole sheet, I bet it looks nice, I should probably try that .

I tried another rule-breaking approach: how about starting in the middle of the card instead of off the edge? Well, I have been having the best fun! Much easier than starting off the card and one can create really neat patterns. I uploaded one for example! I hope it helps anyone who has a sponge-block LOL

Have a great stamping night!

Marta
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

This is a great idea, Marta, and I love the finished look...it looks woven!
Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Marta...

I love it... Maybe I should try in the middle, instead of off the edges.... I am having such a difficult time with my cards for the swap.. I am nervous about it being for a swap, but I am nervous because I have never attempted this before with the rainbow sponge.... I want to thank you for sharing your idea... I will sit down tonight and give the middle a whirl...

Beautiful layout of your card, I agree with Char, it does look woven... Great job!!
sue
Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to mcmoore
you've done it again...

Marta,

You never cease to amaze me! What a splendid idea you had, and it really does look like you weaved the paper!!!! Very nice look, thanks again for thinking outside the box!!!
Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Neat

Marta, that is neat the way you did that. I had forgotten to mention in my first post that I did not start on the edge to do these circles. I started wherever my sponge landed and just kept going all over the card stock. If you go off the end, you go off the end. If you don't, you don't. It was so much fun to do this as it is very loose to do. You don't have to concentrate to get the lines just right, or be very concise about it. It teaches you how to be loose about sponging, to go with the flow. It is a real error free sponge technique.
Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Teatah

I would love to see the effects of doing a circle.... It sounds very interesting and neat!!
sue
Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Soon, very soon

I plan on making up cards using these backgrounds that I made in the next day or so and send them off to Char to scan, since I don't have a scanner. Look for them in about a week or so.
Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

Marta,
I remember your circles. They were really cool. Kind of psychadelic. I also like your basket weaved look. I can't decide which one I like best. They are both winners!
Old 01-13-2003
Super Contributor!

i am going to try your idea too . today i got my new inks and stuff from posh. i tried my squares too the smaller ones worked best for me. i have one thing to say about the sponges==when using the full side, ink it and stamp once or twice ona scrap piece of paper. then there won't be any bubbles. at least there was;t on mine.
Old 01-14-2003
Happy lunatic

Talking Thank you

Thank you for your kind comments. I just wanted to share my discovery and I hope it will help spark other's ideas I have been having a lot of fun making these, but I have no idea how to convert them into a card - the patterns are so strong in themselves that I don't think they would be good backgrounds! LOL... But they are not too good "as is" for a card, either... maybe I make them into wall art? I think that would be kind of cool...

Any suggestions?

Marta
Old 01-14-2003
Super Contributor!

Marta,
That sponging tecnique of your is fantastic. I love the bright primary colors. Like a woven rainbow. Happy colors.

Keep spongin'
Gretchen
Old 01-14-2003
Super Contributor!

Thumbs up

Marta,

That is a great look! The final piece looks like it is woven. I always start and end at the edges but now I am just going to have to give this one a try. Nice job!

Patricia in FL
Old 01-14-2003
Super Contributor!

What I do with strong patterns

When I ink up my sponge, I follow a few steps. Here they are.
1. I write the ink colors, in order, onto a label & attach it to a clear envelope.
2. I then cut several pieces of glossy cardstock into 51/2"x41/4" pieces, and start sponging.
3. When I have used every bit of ink, I will put the papers into the envelope.

This way I know what backgrounds will go together perfectly.
The bolder images are used as my backgrounds. I then stamp a focal image, or two onto the lighter papers. I cut them out & attach them to the bold background. I do attach them with foam tape. That helps them to stand out from the bold backgrounds. I hope this helps you a bit.
Old 01-14-2003
Super Contributor!

Send a message via AIM to mcmoore
sponge backgrounds

Jil,

Another great idea, I like the fact that you label the bag with the colors you use. I often can't remember my color combinations, and then I'm stuck!! I'll definately have to use this idea of yours, and then I'll be able to duplicate the backgrounds that I like.