Club Posh  

Club Home Forum JudiKins Site Posh Projects Member Roster Search Help/FAQ
Go Back   Club Posh > Archive > Archive Stamps Stamps Stamps > Archive Clear Stamps

Old 06-30-2007
***** Contributor

Question Torn Stamps

I was peeling a clear stamp off an acrylic mount and it tore in half after I washed it. I always try to peel it off slowly and carefully, but it came apart without too much effort. Anybody else have this problem?
Anybody like tea & gardening? I have a new blog on those subjects too!
Old 06-30-2007
Super Contributor!

Yep! just tore one of my Posh duet hearts!!! but.... I just used it for a "broken" heart card!!! or maybe a "pieced" heart.... with the tore part covered in stitch marks...
God bless
Nyoka
Old 06-30-2007
Angels are all around us.

That is why I do not care for clear stamps, plus for some reason I can never get a good impression from them. Just love my EZ mount stamps.
How ever what clear stamps I had I mounted on EZ mount, yahoooooooo,
lacieluv
Old 06-30-2007
Contributing Member

Send a message via MSN to Stamp Wizard
Rush'd Lady -- How annoying to have your stamp rip! I've just got a few clear stamps and so far (knock on wood) I have had no problems. However, I do agree you have to be VERY careful peeling them off the storage sheets or blocks. My complaint about the clear stamps is that I have a hard time getting a sharp, clear image (even after I cleaned of the "new" coating). Nyoka -- a great solution to a torn stamp problem!
Old 06-30-2007
Super Contributor!

I bought a set of clear stamps at Target.I believe that they were Marcella K.They were TERRIBLE!!! I could not pull them off of the plastic card for anything! It was like they were stuck with Super Glue! Finally, I pulled a stamp off that said Happy Birthday.By the time I pulled it off with all of my might(not kidding here people) I ended up tearing the stamp.I will never buy any more clear stamps.Before this set of alphabet stamps, I had purchased three other sets(words that go with the letters E,G,and T)for my son.I had never gotten around to using them.Anyway, that's it for me and the clear stamps.Bye,bye, adios,ciao,good riddence and arrivederci!
Old 07-01-2007
Super Contributor!

i never had this kind of trouble with mine. dee said to take a hold of the thicker part when you pull them off and do not pull on the thin parts. that is the way i get them off the acrylic mount or storage board.
Old 07-01-2007
Super Contributor!

i forgot to mention that you could use un due to get them ofgf the first time and rememberr to wash them well with soap and water. use a a teflon pad to ruff them up a bit as you are washing them. you know the green pad you use on your teflon pans.
hope this helps some.
Old 07-01-2007
Angels are all around us.

Thank goodness Posh ids going to be putting their duets on EZ mount for us.
lacieluv
Old 07-01-2007
Super Contributor!

Yep, tearing of the stamp is one of my main causes of discontent when it comes to the clear stamps. It seems that they get more fragile with time...and also will get a LOT more fragile, and rather quickly, if you use them with chalk inks. Yep, learned that one the hard way.*wink*
Old 07-01-2007
Super Contributor!

Yes, I have had the same problem. Where the stamp gets very thin in the pattern, that is where they seem to be prime for tearing.
That was frustrating for me, but now even the first Posh clear stamps I bought have now all gone to jelly. So the only ones I have left are the Sunday version of the clear stamps. But even they have been prone to tearing at the thin spots.
So, I can't wait until some of the duets are available in ez mount.
Smiles, Darby

“There are many things in life that will catch your eye,
but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those.”
Old 07-01-2007
"Hello, Cacanot!"

One of the most helpful tips I ever received from my reading on Club Posh was in regard to being beware of the fragility and sometimes poor impressions of clear stamps. When I joined Club Posh, I was very new to stamping and that tip likely saved me a lot of money (which I spent on other craft stuff, no doubt)! LOL I only have a few clear stamps and have found out that the Posh red rubber stamps on EZ Mount are the easiest to clean and are also very durable.
Old 07-07-2007
***** Contributor

Yes, it tore right at the thinnest part next to a letter on the sentiment. I try to ease up one end and roll it off, but this time it didn't, just stretched and ripped. I managed to piece it together when I went to use it again, but it was frustrating to say the least. I think I like my red rubber better!
Anybody like tea & gardening? I have a new blog on those subjects too!
Old 07-07-2007
Super Contributor!

I'm torn....

I have only had one clear stamp tear and I attributed it to the fact that it wasn't a name brand. I keep all of my stamps away from the light and don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Then, again, maybe I don't use them as much as other people do. Some of them have yellowed, but that doesn't seem to hinder the quality of the stamped image.
Having said all that, I much prefer the red rubber and think they stamp the best and clean up the best.

Does anyone else use hand sanitizer to clean their stamps? I use that for the initial cleaning and then go over them again with one of my good stamp cleaners. My stamps are always in good condition and I can't tell you how disappointed I am when someone loans me a stamp or I buy a used one that hasn't been cleaned properly. Some have bits of sparkle and even glue on them--how horrid!

Here's to keeping those stamps clean!
"Whatsoever Thy hand findeth to do; do it with all thy might...." Ecc: 9:10 KJV
Old 07-08-2007
Super Contributor!

Ah...hand sanitizer. Actually, I'm one of those people that won't have that stuff in the house. Companies keep makng these antibacterial products, consumers keep buying them, THINKING they're making their life safer...you know, less bacteria, less sickness, more happiness? But what they're reallly doing is adding to the number of bacteria that are becoming immune to antibiotics! Did you know that staph infection, which was usually thought to be a problem only after hospital stays or wound treatment (usually by someone who DIDN'T clean their hands properly) is now actually popping up in the community setting? AND that the strain most often found is antibiotic resistant and VERY virulent?

Nope, there are too many other ways to clean my stamps than to add to the bacterial problems already becoming apparent.*wink* And most of those other ways are WAY more economical, too. Simple Green (well diluted*wink*), Windex Vinegar formula (don't use regular Windex, the ammonia isn't good for your rubber*wink*), or just plain ol' water (along with an occasional swipe with a good stamp cleaner, for those hard to clean inks*wink*) is all you really need. I mean, who needs sterile stamps???*VBG*
Old 07-08-2007
Super Contributor!

I agree with you Char! I have seen and heard of such an increase in the staph infections. Scary isn't it.
I use stamp cleaners and occasionally use baby wipes for some tough inks.
I have a few clear stamps and did tear one. For the most part I really don't purchase clear anymore. The quality is just not there. EZ mounts are my favorite by far!